Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dress #1

Well, it's been a while. Sadly, I haven't really had anything to blog about. My poor camera is feeling neglected, too. So, I'm trying to break through the winter blues and post something. I finally just decided that I had to abandon my last knitting project, the sweater for Lizzie that probably won't fit her now. I will finish it one day...maybe she can pass it down to her daughter. Anyways, so I'm going to concentrate on sewing projects, since they are so much faster. I picked up a little baby dress pattern last week. It's a so-so pattern, but was very cheap and looked fast, which it was. Having a finished project after just a few hours of work feels very satisfying. The dress is okay, but it's given me the push I've been needing. Hopefully by spring I can produce something I'm proud of. Miss Lizzie was not a very willing model, but I got one decent shot. The poor girl is going to turn 1 on the 16th and just look at the lack of hair! It is actually growing, but you have to be up close to notice:) It doesn't help that it's so light, either. Anyways, I'm trying to get back on the blogging wagon, so hopefully this isn't the last you hear from me in awhile...


7 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful girl in a pretty little dress! Hard to believe that she is just one week away from 1 year old! We can't wait to help her celebrate the BIG day! See you soon.

Ashley & Bobby said...

I love the dress....great job! I can't believe she is almost a year old!

Hollee said...

Very cute Carmen. How are you guys doing with the recent snow? Hope all is well.

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

I love it! Carmen, you are seriously my role model when it comes to anything crafty! Photography, sewing, knitting......can you quilt too? Okay, so where do you find the time to do all this?? Please give me your secrets, because we are, as you know, in the same boat! (2 kids!)

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

My Lilah is lacking hair too! It doesn't help that she is blonde either just like Lizzie!

Anonymous said...

great job carm! love it! lizzie is so beautiful i think! send more pix soon! jenn

Ryan said...

The dress is wonderful. I'm trying to learn to sew. We'll see how it goes!!!